Monday, August 11, 2008

The Yipee~Leah Diet

Here I go again. I'm starting a diet. Most of the diets that I have been on in my life were designed totally by me with exception of trying out Atkins. Atkins worked wonderfully until I got to the ketosis stage. Ketosis (pronounced /kiːˈtoʊsɪs/) is a state in metabolism occurring when the liver excessively converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies which can be used by the body for energy. When this happens, your stomach totally turns on you so you must be prepared to be near a bathroom at all times. BUT, I lost weight. I looked good and felt pretty energetic. My husband and I did the Atkins diet together which was helpful and fun. Bottom line though = we both put the weight back on. There's just no way to eat that way long term!
Ok, so as you know I had a baby. One year ago! I'm still about 10 lbs overweight and on my short stature, 10 lbs feels like a ton.
Here's what I'll be doing for the next few weeks. I've stocked up on Lean Cuisine meals (on sale at Food Lion this week.) I will be eating cereal for breakfast, Lean Cuisine for lunch and then a very small portion dinner (meat and veggies.) I will snack only on pretzels and fresh fruit or raw veggies. The main goal is cutting calories and putting absolutely no sugary snacks in my mouth. The sugar is my biggest obstacle. I love ice cream!!!!
My starting weight is 131lbs. Notice I haven't mentioned exercise. This is also an obstacle for me. So for now, I will at least try to not be sedentary. I don't like walking (too humid and hot) When I start doing aerobics in the house the whole house starts to shake and I'm afraid it will fall down. :) Going to the gym isn't easy w/ the baby. That's all my lame excuses. Don't hassle me!
I'll keep posting my progress.

No comments: