Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Toot Your Horn Tuesday - Life Altered, yet I toot




Habakkuk 3:17,18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the field produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.


It's hard to be happy when your loved one has been stricken with a horrible illness. These last few days have been a wave of emotion. The flow of tears, the flow of good wishes from friends and family, the flow of prayers that will hold us afloat, the flow of life....

I'm tooting today for my decision to be joyful! Life is a gift and it's not always tied with pretty bows. Sometimes the wrapping is lovely, sparkling and elegant, but other times, it's just covered in... POOP!

I hope that you'll still join me this week with your toots. I just know you've done something wonderful that really needs sharing. And I promise, it will lift my spirits to hear about it!

Write your post, add the button and then sign Mister Linky or at least leave some little chirps!!



9 comments:

Joan said...

Blessings Sweet Friend. Attitude is everything.

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for you and your family. hang in there.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Praying for your step-father. What a painful road you are on now. I am so sorry.

~Julie

Anonymous said...

PRAYING...PRAYING...PRAYING SOME MORE. Lifting your step-father and you/your family up.
I am not doing the Toot today, I can't seem to get the time to get it typed out.
I will be doing a Toe Report tomorrow (maybe even a real belly shot) after my OB appointment.
Hugging you tight, Leah.

Alycia

Blessed2Serve said...

Leah! Our God is an awesome God... remember He has already overcome anything and everything we might face in this lifetime. And He is your comforter... your most compassionate best friend.

Lifting you and your family... praying Holy Spirit will manifest in ways you have never seen before, that you will be drawn closer to Him and to each other.

Find a quiet moment and listen to "Draw Me Close" (the Katinas), and "I Will Rise" (Chris Tomlin). Let Papa minister to you as only He can.

Laying hands on in the Spirit. Jesus loves you so!

With love & blessings,
Mary O.

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your step-father. I'm sure it is hard to be happy in the face of such tragedy. My prayers are with your family during this time.

Tim said...

That was so well put!

Still keeping your family in our prayers.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Helga said...

Good for you for deciding to be joyful during this time. Life truly is a blessing and we need to be thankful for it every day. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Helga

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting Flip'n Crazy! :-D

I LOVE your blog and plan on making it a weekly stop, very nice :)