Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Toot Your Horn Tuesday - God through me


(posting this a bit early, time is sparse this week)
As some of you know, my family has been on a journey with my stepfather. He was diagnosed with lung cancer this past July. And now we have come to the end of the battle. We've had a vigil by his bedside for the past 5 days. He is in between this world and the next. And although this seems like an odd time to toot my horn, I'd like to share what God's power has done through me. Our family has had a strength and calmness that can only be explained as a miracle.

My Dad was discharged from the hospital just over 2 weeks ago. And in this short time, he has experienced all the wrath of this monsterous disease. Symptoms include, pain, weakness, breathing problems, confusion and aggitation. My mother, my aunt and I have become his nurses and spiritual advisors. Cancer attacks not only your body, but also your soul. When he was still speaking clearly, he told us many many times that he is not afraid to die and that he knows he will be with Jesus. That is the most comforting part!!

Other relatives have gathered by his side these past days. We have been in constant prayer. We sing hymns, read verses and best of all, we love on each other! So, today I toot my horn for being God's vessel of love in my Dad's last days.

Now don't be afraid to share your "toot." We will all face these trials in our lifetimes. It's my time now, but life does go on. I love to hear about your blessings or accomplishments no matter how small they might seem. I lift you up in whatever you face today!

Sign the linky below if you've written a "Toot Your Horn Tuesday" post. Don't forget, you can leave comments below too. :)




5 comments:

Helga said...

Leah I am so sorry your family is going through this. You are an inspiration though, you are so strong and your trust in the lord is amazing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong.
Hugs,
Helga

He & Me + 3 said...

I am sorry that you have to go through this, but so thankful that you are being used of God at this present moment to minister to your Father in such a way.

Joan said...

Your witness during this trial is an inspiration. How fortunate for your stepdad and your family to have faith in the Almighty and to know that death is only a part of a bigger journey. Oh what a day that will be we all get to heaven.

My prayers are with you.

Julie From Inmates said...

Even after all of this, you are still praising God. Sorry to hear about the difficult time. I'll be praying for y'all.

I'm playing along this week =)

SweetWICK said...

This blog looks great!