Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Toot Your Horn Tuesday - I Heart Faces & Awards


Just thought I'd throw in this ADORABLE picture of Glynis in her fairy costume.



It's been a miserable week or so around our house and many many others around the country. Yep, you guessed it, we're sick! Some of the symptoms going on here are fever, coughing, body aches, head aches, running nose, congestion (and irritability.) This swine flu really oinks!!

But alas, it is Tuesday so I have to find something I did right...Well, what do you know? ...I got a couple of awards this week!! I guess these ladies find my blog to be somewhat amusing (even though I've been a lame blogger recently.) So here we go.

Alycia, from Coloring Outside the Lines, has been one of my favorite bloggers in recent times. Her wit thrills me and she has an amazing way with words! I am honored that she awarded me with this... I'm suppose to now share 10 honest things about myself, but I think I'll just do 5.
1. As I've grown older, I've become somewhat of a control freak. Actually, I haven't reached full freak status yet, so please pray for me. There's still hope.
2. I am the most forgetful woman in the world, but somehow I manage to have not lost any children over the years.
3. I love to be silly! I love to laugh and make others laugh, but I can't tell a joke worth poop.
4. Sometimes my mouth squeaks when I eat. (I plan on capturing it on video, so stay tuned)
5. I have a fear of candy vending machines. The little ones that our children want to stick their quarters in to get a handful of sweet tarts or bubble gum. I had heard years ago on a news program that those gumball machines are filthy with germs. (I'm a closet germ-a-phobe)

On to the next award. This one is from Pennie over at Mom Thoughts. This lady I met more recently has a big heart for God and for women. She's also a mom of teens like me!
She gave me an award too! I'm all giddy! With this award comes a list of questions that must be answered with one word only. You can go see her full list of answers, but I'm going to just do a few.
1. your hair? GRAY
2.favorite food? SUSHI
3. what room are you in? BEDROOM
4. your hobby? TODDLER
5. something you're not? TRENDY
6.your life? BUSY
7. your mood? CONTENT
8. last time you cried? YESTERDAY
9. missing someone? DAD
10. favorite color? PURPLE

I'm suppose to pass these awards on, but I'll have to do that another day. This one is already getting away from me.
If you've written a Toot Your Horn Tuesday post, please use the code on the side bar to post the little picture thingy and come back to sign Mister Linky! Can't wait to visit your blogs!


Toot Your Horn Tuesday Participants

1. Helga from My World

2. The Joy Walk

3. Mother Hen (Tightwad Bread)

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

2 comments:

Helga said...

Congrats on the blog awards!!! I'm sorry to hear that everyone in your house is sick...again!!! I hope you guys all get better soon.

Helga

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope everyone is better soon. we have had fevers here too. Congrats on your awards.