Thursday, October 16, 2008

Brain Injury

This is by no means to make light of a serious injury that someone may have had. I'm just using "Brain Injury" as a metaphor for what I've experienced since having my 4th child. Or maybe the brain injury occurred before I had this 4th one and that's why I had another one. I don't know.
I just know that having 4 kids is insane. And if you have more than that you don't deserve a medal, you deserve a straight jacket. (I'm Kidding for goodness sakes, lighten up!)
But for real, my kids are the best thing that I ever did. I want to tell you about them...
My first son was born when I was 23 years old. He's 16 now. He's handsome, he's a wonderful musician and singer. He's intellectual and is a great conversationalist. He's helpful around the house. He's thoughtful when he's not being selfish and he's a great dresser, but his room is a mess.

Son number 2 was the sweetest little baby! He is 14 and getting taller every day. He's my quiet one. He resembles my side of the family more than his older brother. He's super smart and oh so Witty. He also is a musician, but he wouldn't sing if you paid him. He is my hugger, but he is sandwiched between 2 others so it's no wonder he gets a little irritable sometimes.

And on to son number 3. Even though he's not the baby in the family anymore, he's still my baby. He's gorgeous! Blond hair and big brown eyes. In kindergarten a little female friend of his told me that she wanted to marry him. He's going on 11 now. He's a leader and I look so forward to seeing what kind of man he turns into. Also a musician and aspiring singer. Being the social butterfly that he is, he has always had a little trouble with containing himself.

And lastly, my sweet little Glennie Minnie. I hadn't prepared myself for a 4th child until just recently after I remarried 5 years ago. And wasn't God good to give me a daughter! I so look forward to having a special bond with her. At age 1, she is much like her Daddy in looks and well as personality. She loves music and bops her head every time she hears a beat. She says, Momma, Kitty and Doggy. She blows kisses and makes our blended family complete.

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I understand what you are saying because I have 2 boys and I feel like I have a brain injury!! So BLESS YOU for having 4!! I think that all your children are blessings and you are doing a great job, even if some days don't feel that great!

Debbie said...

Hi Leah! I just changed the link and title of your blog on Blog Around the World per your instruction. Can't wait to see the new look!